9.17.2009

Amazing Race?



In the last two days, I visited a doctor twice and a lawyer once. And I drove around the city with my sister and with brown envelopes tucked in our armpits sweating from the Davao heat. Eew.

It was all because my sister applied for this overseas thingy. She went for it on a whim, just to see how far she goes. And two days ago, we received a list of papers to be gathered. It was one big scavenger hunt. Today, we were on panic mode, trying to accomplish every thing before the day ends. I was driving as if I stole this huge van that is so unfit for a pandak woman driver like me. Every accomplishment on the list leads to another task. Ooh, it is so Amazing Race. And we're competing with eighty other students (plus their stage moms, dads or sisters) from all over the country. The funny thing is, my sis and I are trying to run after a deadline that already passed by. September 15!!! But since the documents came on the day of the deadline, thanks to bagyong Maring, we were given a leeway of two days. Two days!

But anyhow, I learned a lot.
  • I have better anger management skills. We had the documents photocopied and to our surprise, the photocopies missed two inches of the original page. I was at ultra panic mode that time. But instead of breaking down and burning the whole photocopy stall, I got all the docs and took them to another stall. Simple. No energy wasted for harsh words.
  • I am now able to choose wisely. Example, I bought Palabok instead of pizza. Haha, lame. :))
  • My (reckless) driving skills improved. I press the horn for three seconds at intersections to ward off those unruly taxis that sprout out of nowhere. Hehehe.
  • I have, for the nth time, discerned the difference between the effects of "action" and "reaction". Action gets you somewhere, reaction gets you nowhere.
***

The Boy's mother is really the nicest and most sincere.

Their family is on a trip to the other side of Mindanao. I was calling up The Boy to hear some updates but he didn't answer his phone. No biggie. Minutes later, his mom called me up and had a little chit-chat with me. It's like he took on the conversation that The Boy and I were supposed to have (minus the mushy gushy stuff of course). She even asked about the "Amazing Race" that we had. Awww.

She is truly the nicest. She never says anything that she doesn't mean. Behind a great guy is indeed a great mom. :)

No comments: