9.14.2009

Mama Update!

Five to six months from the time she had a ruptured aneurysm, my mother is now able to do so much more.


She can now..
  1. say our names with little difficulty.
  2. say her own name without difficulty.
  3. brush her teeth and wash her face on her own.
  4. eat on her own, without having someone to assist her. Well, except when we're eating bangus.
  5. remember the names of most of her friends, most of the city streets and most of the establishments here in the city.
  6. count from one to infinity. :))
  7. walk with minimal assistance. She walks around the neighborhood every night.
  8. push the cart when we're doing groceries. She's even nitpicking on the stuff that I buy. Always checks if the stuff are mahal or mura.
  9. go window shopping at Gaisano Mall for an entire afternoon! :)

Yey! My mom has shown so much improvement. At times, I feel like it is too much and too soon. But hey, recovery varies from one patient to another. I am just glad that she mustered enough willpower to achieve what she can do today. Aja Mama. :)

Yesterday, Mom and I visited the bank. Mom was a prominent figure in that bank since she used to go there almost every week and she was really good friends with the bank manager. When we got there yesterday, we realized that the bank had a new manager, a very friendly and accommodating lady. While I was filling out forms and withdrawing from the passbook, the new manager had a little chit-chat with Mama. I was a bit nervous because Mom has a tendency to panic and cry if she couldn't express herself. But yesterday was a surprise among all surprises. She communicated well with the bank manager, told her that she had three kids, I already finished college, she was a nurse many years ago and more of the motherly chit-chat that she was used to. Although Mama spoke in broken sentences, I could tell that she was relaxed as she answered the bank manager's questions.

The manager called me and told me that she was amazed at the recovery of my Mom. Well, so am I. :)

There are still a lot of things that Mama needs to achieve in order for her to be fully recovered. At this point, I'm already tired of being tired. I just want to support Mama in every step that she takes on her road to recovery.

2 comments:

tedpen said...

praying for her speedy recovery...

Nikka P. said...

Thank you ted! :)