11.12.2009

yey i can bake!




Yes I can!

A year ago, my aunt from the US sent us a box full of baking goods. Since my mom got sick, these baking goods have come to the brink of expiration. And before everything gets spoiled, somebody's got to do something.

See, I'm no cook. The best dish I can whip up is chicken with oyster sauce where all you need to do is to fry the chicken wings without marinating then smother it with oyster sauce. Bow. My siblings think I'm too impatient and lazy to stay in the kitchen. So months ago, I started practicing with some cake mixes. And now, I guess I'm done rubbing elbows with the wire whisk! The chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday were in a beautiful shade of brown, crispy and just right. Well, well, well.. who's lazy and impatient now?:)

I think this only goes to show how necessity is not only the mother of invention but a good source of motivation too. I'm trying hard not to say it but, yeah, I think I'm starting to fall in love with baking! There. I said it! :))

Cheers!

2 comments:

tornee said...

waw!!congratulations!!!domesticated na ka? or nagastart pa lang?hehehehehe...uieee practicing

Nikka P. said...

hahaha! dili pa ko domesticated uy! haha. lingaw baya! :)