5.04.2010

Day One

Day One is all about the jitters and the excitement and the two-hour thrill in preparation for the big day. Today is my day one.

I was invited by my IELTS review center to join their team. Without thinking twice, I said yes. And today was the first day of my stint as an interviewer.

I was once on the receiving end of the mental torture you get when reviewing for the IELTS. Today, it felt quite good to be on the other end haha.


The first student I interviewed was jittery. And so was I.


Nikka: Good afternoon.
Boy: Good afternoon Ma'am.
Nikka: Have a seat.
Boy: (takes his seat)
Nikka: Good afternoon.
Boy: Good afternoon Ma'am.

Sheesh. But as the hours went by, I realized how I shouldn't be the chicken in that scene. So I picked up the pace and tried to enjoy the afternoon. It was nice to hear their opinions and the varying ways they answer.

It's only my first day and I already had lots of fun. Yes, I admit, my students had bloopers and  my evil twin was laughing the whole time but I'll save these stories for drinking sessions and chillax paloozas. But I'll take it as my responsibility to help and counsel the students; I know how much everybody wants to be on greener pastures for a change.

I know it's only day one. But I like the job so much that I hope to keep it for the longest time possible. Day One is for dipping my toes in the water and I think the water is just right.

Thank you Lord. You are amazing.

Cheers!

No comments: