5.24.2010

Top 10 Songs For The Scorned Lover

So there are lots of times when I’d rather listen to music rather than write down or talk about my thoughts. It is truly a comfort to know that someone might have felt the same way as I did. These songs are ready-made statements for my sentiments.

If you’re looking for ballads and tear-jerkers, you won’t find ‘em here. This is my personal collection of angst-filled break up songs.
  1. “Gives You Hell” by All-American Rejects. Blunt, real and a sure-fire hit.
  2. “You Oughtta Know” by Alanis Morrisette. On full blast while cleaning up the mess. :)
  3. “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt. I first heard this song when I was in fourth grade and I still love it.
  4. “The Brilliant Dance” by Dashboard Confessional. So you bury all your lover’s clothes and burn the letters lover wrote but it doesn’t make any better. ‘Nuf said.
  5. “Good F*cking Bye” and “Radio” by Alkaline Trio. Matt Skiba sounds like a veteran of break-ups. Though both songs are easy to listen to, they’re actually filled with so much angst. And I love em. Haha.
  6. “Best I Ever Had” by Vertical Horizon. It’s not so bad, you’re just the best I ever had. I remember a male friend who sings this everytime he gets dumped. Each ex was the best for him. LOL. :|
  7. “Love Hurts” by Incubus. But sometimes it’s a good hurt and it feels like I’m alive. Songs like this will get you by.
  8. “Tea and Sympathy” by Jars of Clay. For the immediate post break-up moment.
  9. “The Fight Is Over” by Urbandub. Gave all this time just to be let down.
  10.  “Stitches and Burns” by Fra Lippo Lippi. A poetic masterpiece.
Runners up: Die MF Die by Dope, Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake, I Don’t Love You by MCR. :D

No comments: