8.30.2009

Semi-Lazy Weekend

Saturday was busy. My dad and bro went out of town so only the Tres Marias - me, my sister and Mama - were at home. My sis joined the PMT chuva in their school and she's currently an officer. She and the other officers among her batch had a Silent Drill last Saturday at the UP Mindanao Campus, where they were invited to perform an intermission number for the sportsfest of several ROTC students from various schools. And because I am such a stage sister, I dragged The Boy to accompany me and went all the way up the bukid to watch them.

I wasn't a PMT officer so I was pretty impressed with what they did. March here, march there, straight line here and there. Their uniform is truly gorgeous; it made them look like they were from the PMA. And I guess the highlight was the rifle-throwing tricks that made the audience gasp each time. The crowd went wild too when they danced Nobody, a Hagibis song and some budots tune.

My sis comes from a classy private school. The audience in the program were from the not-so-sosyalan schools in the city. If the program happened during our time, there would be rampant backstabbing and nasty side comments from everywhere. However, this time, it was very different. I was standing among the audience and I never heard any rude remark or vicious comment from them; they just sat and enjoyed the show. If they gave any extreme remarks, either they were amazed or they were gushing at one of the hot cadets performing. Good to know that times have changed, if it did.

Today, Sunday, was oh so lazy. I went to church in the morning and stayed home in the afternoon, watched four episodes of 90210 and daydreamed of food. :)

---

I'm still in this happily-in-love bubble. Can't stop heaving sighs punctuated with a smile. Basta masaya. :)

No comments: