9.04.2009

Friday

Interesting day. I went to my sister's school to get her report card. Since it was card giving day, parents of all shapes and sizes came to claim their kids' hard-earned or maybe lazily-earned grades. KC's classroom was all the way up in fourth floor, so I met a lot of teenagers on the way. Being surrounded by puberty, hormones, glasses, braces, pimples, and awkwardness, made me feel old for one millisecond. Though I still have those drastic hormonal shifts, I'm certainly way past puberty. Suddenly, I miss highschool. Not the school per se but the feeling, the hype, and the awkwardness, yeah.

Amidst all the mothers doing beso-beso, the dads giving firm handshakes with each other and laughing their business-ish laugh, I had a weird moment. A doña-looking mom approached me and said, "Hi! Sino ang anak mo? Ang bata mo pa and may anak ka ng fourth year!"OMG. I wanted to scream, "Because I AM REALLY YOUNG!" But I remembered my Christian values and the dozens of other Don and Doña parents around so I just smiled sheepishly and said, "Ay hindi ko po anak, kapatid ko." And her expression changed from glam doña to embarassed doña. Haha. Nevertheless, I still talked to her after that. It's always nice to rub elbows with people, especially the rich ones. They might hire you after the conversation. Haha. Oh no, she didn't hire me.

Parking in my sis school is very tedious so I opted to park a few blocks away, near my friend EJ's apartment. On my way home, I decided to pay him a visit. Bums need to visit bums at all costs! He was in his usual groggy self even at 3 pm. I missed that guy. He's truly a friend and a brother, one that I and our friends can kiss on the cheek or embrace without having any secret desires. And even though a lot of people claim that he's changed, I still know he's the same guy from before. How? He helped me back out of the parking space.

On my way out of Juna Subdivision, I passed by a house of my friend. I was merely passing by when I decided to visit Terro as well. Long time friends need to visit long time friends at all costs! Lol. Terro has been a friend since grade school, one of the very few people I enjoy having deep conversations with. And so, after almost ringing the doorbell of the wrong house, I had a good solid 15-minute conversation at the tindahan sa kanto. It's the kind of conversation that ends up with both of us being happy for each other. We're truly good friends.

I'm happy to have visited my two friends. Visiting friends is like refreshing good memories and rekindling flames in my happy thoughts. I felt unloaded after I talked to both of them. Well, til the next cardgiving day!

No comments: