10.24.2009

Pencil

Earlier, I was looking for something in our warehouse-like bedroom. As I was searching for it, I remembered a peculiar incident.

Rewind. It happened two years ago. I was in the house of my guy bestfriend. Well, at that time, we were in the stage of finding out whether we should be together or whether we should just stay bestfriends. He wanted to be in a relationship and he liked me, but for some reason, he didn't see me in a different light just yet. Boo. So yeah, it was complicated.

So anyway, we were in his house. We were on the couch and I was helping him out with his school project. He suddenly stood up and started looking for something. He was lifting the pillows on the couch one by one, checking his pockets, peeking underneath the table. I asked him what he was looking for. He said his precious mechanical pencil was missing. He told me he was just holding it earlier and he forgot where he placed it. He went to his parents' bedroom where he went a few minutes ago. With this, his mom was bothered with all the searching and tried to help too.  After a few moments, he finally found the pencil just a few inches away from where he was seated earlier. To this, his mom said..

"Yan kasi, pag may bagay na importante sayo, huwag mo basta-bastang bitawan kung saan-saan lang. At kung may hinahanap ka, huwag ka na maghanap sa malayo. Madalas, nandiyan lang yan malapit sayo."

And with this, his mom looked at me and I thought I saw her wink or something twinkled in her eye, I dunno. And upon hearing what his mother said, the guy bestfriend quickly looked at me as if upon reaction to what he just heard. I felt blood rush into my cheeks and I remember how my jaw dropped a little that time. It took me a few moments to realize how awkward the moment was so I proceeded with pretending to check my phone for any text messages. Sheesh!

Fast forward to a year later. Guy Bestfriend and I jumped into a relationship. We've been together for more than a year. If we "play" the current frame, we're both still trying to revive what we found in each other. After all, you can't simply let go of your valuables. And yes, in my doodle world, he's known as "The Boy".

It's funny how ordinary day-to-day instances actually point out the valuable lessons in life and love.

Sigh. :)

1 comment:

martian1018 said...

awww... how sweet. sige, i'll take your advice and look close to where i am lang... you know what im looking for naman e...