10.22.2009

Thursday

I think most people would agree with me if I say that 2009 wasn't quite a good year for most of us. The country experienced a lot of typhoons, controversies and calamities this year. Personally, I hurdled one of the biggest challenges in my life and in our family so far. At first, I thought it was just me but when I looked around, geez. I see lots of people having tough times too.

But despite this, there are still lots of good things to pay attention to. First, I simply admire the Filipino spirit of facing trials and challenges with positivity. Only Filipinos can go through such hardships but still manage to crack jokes, sing and laugh. Though I'm not a completely positive person, I still thank God for turning my head to the brighter side of things all the time. Also, now that the worst is over, we can only be thankful for how our things turned out for our good, for how our lives have been changed by these tough experiences, and how all of us have remained sane and free from anti-psychotics. And probably, the best part of going through a long and crazy year is the thought that if this year wasn't all good, the next one probably will be better. You know how they say, when you're down in the pits, the only way to go is up. :)

**

I'm overflowing with good vibes today. I realized that giving value to superficial things kills the soul. As a person, I feel like I lose substance and depth when I engross myself too much with make-up, glamor, popularity and everything else that fades. For quite some time, I feel like I lost touch with my values, my beliefs, my dreams, and the other stuff that comprise the real me. It feels good to have the urge to rekindle my soul. Aaah basta.

I had a nice talk with a friend today. He asked me where I am in my life right now. It took me a full minute to come up with an honest but pa-deep answer. I recognized myself as someone standing in front of a gap. Beyond that gap is a dream that I have been yearning for. The gap is too wide to jump across and it's making me think of the best way to get there. Although it seems impossible, all I know is that I have this incredible belief in myself that I will get there.

Woohoo. This is already 20 ft deep! :) So to anyone reading this, where do you stand in your life right now?:)

Come to think of it.

No comments: