1.14.2010

2009 / 2010

Delayed Farewell Address 

Last year was such a blast.

Sure, I didn’t get a promotion or a salary raise. Heck, I didn’t have a job. I didn’t travel round the world or to another country at the very least. I didn’t even party everyday. Won the lottery? No. But it was a life-changing and pivotal year for me.

So what did I do? I grew closer to my mother. I looked after my siblings as if they were my own kids. I ran the household while my Dad worked hard in another country. I missed my friends, and this made our reunions sweeter and happier. I learned to love someone maturely and I am so blessed to have been loved greatly in return. I did things that I haven’t done before on a daily basis – cook, clean, wash clothes, teach Mama how to read and write. And through it all, I was guided and supported by my loved ones and the Big Man Upstairs.

Last year, I grew up. Tumanda ako ng sampung taon. And I am happy and very excited for what is to come.

To 2009, I give to you my heartfelt THANK YOU. Hello, 2010.

 My New Year's Resolutions
(For many years, I've been writing the same set of resolutions only to feel disappointed by the end of the year! So screw the old ones, here's my new list.)

1. I will not curse while driving.
2. I will not remove my shoes during those random moments in public. This was inspired by an incident when I saw a pretty girl taking off her shoes while eating at Pizza Hut!
3. I will not be mean to salesladies, cashiers, neighbors. I have a short fuse, sorry.
4. I will visit a new place.
5. I will build more memories with old friends.
6. I will pray, as many times as I can, in a day.
7. I will make it a point to look good or at least presentable when I go out.
8. I will pay more attention to my health, by cutting down on sweets and lamang-loob, sleeping and rising early, and exercising.
9. I will read more books and watch more movies.
10. I will make new friends.
11. I will invest on something.
12. I will keep on writing!

I shall refer to this list a year later and see how I did.

Goodluck!

No comments: