1.17.2010

Salumay Again

Salumay is one of the small towns in Marilog. The first time I went there, I immediately fell in love with the simplicity of the place plus the breezy climate. Getting used to the hot climate in the city makes me ignorante when it comes to places like Marilog. During my college days, my classmates and I spent our community nursing rotation at the Salumay Health Center. I can't forgot how we were tasked to go from one house to another to tell the families about our free medicines, only to find out that most houses are a hundred meters apart from each other. Thank God for the cold climate, we weren't sweating by the time we finished the task.

Last Saturday, I had the chance to relive the Salumay moments. I went with the medical team of our church to Salumay. This medical team is one that I have always joined for years now. Their outreach programs have exposed me to so many things. Way way back, I even had the chance to assist in circumcision even if I was only a freshman nursing student. This time, we went there to conduct a free clinic for kids and distribute medicines without charge. Before we left, we were a bit anxious because we were only six in the team - two doctors, two nurses and two volunteers. But to our delight, over 200 kids received medical assistance from our small team that day, to think that we only conducted the program for two hours! Yeeeey! :)

After the program, we were served with a very hearty lunch by the pastor's family. I discovered that the best dish to eat in a cool place like Marilog was Tinolang Native Chicken! It was so yummy that I didn't want to stop eating nor leave the place!

Salumay is indeed one of the places that holds a soft and "cool" spot in my heart. On that note, I leave you with the only photo I was able to take that day. This picture truly contains the good memories that Marilog brings. 


1 comment:

martian1018 said...

nice photo nikka! i wanna travel and take pictures of places... if only i had the luxury of time and money...