1.14.2010

I'm Not Dead Yet

Yes, I'm very much alive AND living! :)

When the year 2009 came, I made meticulous plans on each and every quarter of the year; especially where to go and what to do. But then, my plans were taken to a sudden detour. And there I learned that some things are really far from our locus of control.

So this beautiful year of 2010, I can't say I did not make any plans. I do have a set of things that I need and want to do but I'm not rushing into them. While others are probably hammering or pruning themselves to the pattern of their ideals, here I am, humming as I walk and living each day five minutes at a time.

I'm facing 2010 with much prayers and spontaneity. And God has started to give me little surprises.

1. As of the first week of 2010, my mom was able to walk alone, wash the dishes, cook a little (dishes that require shorter prep time), converse, sing, dance, change clothes on her own and manage her sari-sari store at the farm! And because she is starting to feel her independence, she gave me the "go signal" to start looking for work. Yey! :)

2. Mama, Papa and I had a trip to Valencia, Bukidnon. But before that, I told myself that this year, I must set foot on a new place. And yes, by the first freshest week of the year, we went to the semi-rural semi-urban city of Valencia!

The road going to Valencia was smooth and hassle-free. The view was just spectacular. Click, click, click.



 This was at Salumay, Marilog. The earth was sandwiched between heavens. The world is just awesome!





By the time we reached Valencia, Papa finished his transactions first. Then, we went to a resto near the city's oval. To my delight, there was a marching band contest! And of course, the number one hit was "Nobody."


And I noticed there were many pretty girls and cute guys. So this is where God kept the good-looking ones!


On the way home, we stopped by Buda to buy some vegetables. Papa bought a huge plastic bag filled with veggies for only PhP 175.00!


3. More surprises! My aunt, uncle and cousins came over to visit. I love it when they're here. Our conversations are always insightful and motivating. Plus we get to eat out almost every meal! Haha!

4. I started going out again. I've been meeting up with some of my friends for a top secret project hahaha.

5. And of course, dates with the boy. The other night, we crammed up all the occasions  that couples should spend together but we didn't  - Christmas, Monthsary, New Year! So we had dinner at Picobello, videoke at Rizal, walked around People's Park and sat under our favorite tree and watched the stars!

And because of all of these, I am very much excited for the next 360+ days to come! Dear Lord, You are beyond amazing! :)

CHEERS!!

1 comment:

martian1018 said...

i think i should go to valencia too nik! ahahaha nice set!