8.16.2010

This Can't Be Happening

As I woke up this morning, my thoughts narrowed down to just one person: you.

At that exact moment, I initially felt a jolt of joy. Remembering you puts a smile on my face at any given moment. But then I suddenly felt sad. It’s the kind of joy I have to keep to myself. Nobody else must know.

Maybe I’m just too vulnerable. Maybe this will fade as quickly as it became clear to me. Maybe months from now, I’ll be looking back at this day and realize how silly or foolish I am. But maybe this feeling, something I haven’t felt in years, might last.

So it was today when you suddenly evolved into my first thought in the morning. It was so elating and confusing at the same time. It was a feeling that was too much to bear with in the morning. I knew there was only one thing I can do - go back to sleep.

No comments: